Lesson Title: Understanding Identity Theft
Grade Levels: 6-8
Length of Lesson: 60 minutes
Overview: In this lesson, teachers introduce students to identity theft, associated dangers, and rules to prevent it. Students will use their knowledge to create a poster to educate others.
- Students learn about identity theft.
- Students learn the dangers of identity theft.
- Students learn safety rules to prevent identity theft.
E-Rate Required Objectives
- Interaction with other individuals on social networking websites and in chat rooms
- Digital Citizen: Students recognize the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world, and they act and model in ways that are safe, legal and ethical.
- Global Collaborator: Students use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others and working effectively in teams locally and globally.