Lesson Title: Safekeeping Personal Information
Grade Levels: 3-5
Length of Lesson: 60 minutes
Overview: In this lesson, teachers stress the importance of not revealing personal information online, address the types of information that should be kept private, share safety rules students should follow to prevent unwanted contact, and guide how to “ignore and report” when they receive inappropriate messages. Students will us their knowledge to create a poster to educate others.
- Students learn what type of personal information they should always keep private.
- Students learn grade appropriate safety rules to protect them from unwanted contact.
- Students learn that if someone they know or don't know sends a message that makes them uncomfortable, ignore and report.
- Digital Citizen: Students recognize the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world, and they act and model in ways that are safe, legal and ethical.
- Global Collaborator: Students use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others and working effectively in teams locally and globally.
- Communication and Collaboration: Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
- Digital Citizenship: Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
- Technology Operations and Concepts: Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.