Lesson Title: Tourism Guide
Grade Levels: 3-5
Length of Lesson: 60 minutes
Overview: Students form a group and create slideshow presentations about geographical locations of their choice.
Primary Objective: Student uses presentation software to create a presentation.
English Language Arts
- Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
- Recall information from experiences or gather information from print and digital sources; take brief notes on sources and sort evidence into provided categories.
- Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal spatial and temporal relationships (e.g., After dinner that night we went looking for them).
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- Recall relevant information from experiences or gather relevant information from print and digital sources; take notes and categorize information and provide a list of sources.
- Draw on information from multiple print or digital sources, demonstrating the ability to locate an answer to a question quickly or to solve a problem efficiently.
- Conduct short research projects that use several sources to build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.
- Creative Communicator: Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the platforms, tools, styles, formats and digital media appropriate to their goals.