Lesson Title: Healthy Habits
Grade Levels: 6-8
Length of Lesson: 90 minutes
Overview: In this lesson, students will conduct a survey about classmates’ healthy habits and input data into the spreadsheet in order to analyze results.
- Students determine appropriate format for organizing data.
- Students arrange spreadsheet rows and columns to match data set.
- Students draw conclusions from data set.
- Students organize, manage, sort, and share data.
- Students demonstrate how to modify existing spreadsheet to accommodate updates to data set (e.g., adding, deleting, adjusting rows/columns).
- Model with mathematics.
- Include multimedia components (e.g., graphics, images, music, sound) and visual displays in presentations to clarify information.
- Integrate quantitative or technical information expressed in words in a text with a version of that information expressed visually (e.g., in a flowchart, diagram, model, graph, or table).
- Computational Thinker: Students develop and employ strategies for understanding and solving problems in ways that leverage the power of technological methods to develop and test solutions.
- Global Collaborator: Students use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others and working effectively in teams locally and globally.