Lesson Title: Sell Me on It
Grade Levels: 6-8
Length of Lesson: 80 minutes
Overview: In this project-based lesson, students will work in teams to create an advertisement for a product by creating and analyzing charts and graphs to reveal helpful information about their target audience and product.
- Students create and interpret a pie chart to identify what product qualities are valued among a target population.
- Students create and interpret a line graph to determine what advertising platform they will use to market their assigned product.
- Students synthesize data from all graphs to create an advertisement for their assigned product.
- Students design an ad for an assigned product using creativity and originality.
- Students write an explanation of their advertisement to specify how it reflects their analysis of their graphs.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Writing Standards
- Speaking and Listening Standards
- Integrate quantitative or technical information expressed in words in a text with a version of that information expressed visually (e.g., in a flowchart, diagram, model, graph, or table).
- Computational Thinker: Students develop and employ strategies for understanding and solving problems in ways that leverage the power of technological methods to develop and test solutions.
- Global Collaborator: Students use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others and working effectively in teams locally and globally.