Lesson Title: Animal Story
Grade Levels: K-2
Length of Lesson: 10 minutes
Overview: In this lesson, students type a short story and draw a picture to illustrate it.
- Student practices age-appropriate touch keyboarding skills.
- Student uses a word processor to type letters, numbers, and symbols.
English Language Arts
- Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
- With guidance and support from adults, explore a variety of digital tools to produce and publish writing, including in collaboration with peers.
- Empowered Learner: Students leverage technology to take an active role in choosing, achieving and demonstrating competency in their learning goals, informed by the learning sciences.
- Innovative Designer: Students use a variety of technologies within a design process to identify and solve problems by creating new, useful or imaginative solutions.
- Creative Communicator: Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the platforms, tools, styles, formats and digital media appropriate to their goals.